Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank you!

I got back home on Saturday February 27th. My dear wife and kids and a cousin came to pick me up at the airport. It was so nice to see them all. I wanna thank everyone who has contributed in a way or the other to make this trip possible! Of course God deserves all the credit and then my wife for putting up with the kids while I was gone! I want to specially thank some particular people for their contribution as well and though I will not be able to mention all the names please be assure that I did not leave you on purpose and that does not mean I am not grateful towards you!

Special thanks to Ryan from the Ryans Sims Foundation for making this trip even possible and what is amazing is that I got his call even before I thought about it. I would really like to thank my father in law Reverend Donnie who did an amazing job motivating people in a short period of time and getting the message through! Thanks Mr. Sims for you love and devotion to the Haitian people! I would like to thank Mount Zinai Church for they contribution. I wanna thank also Alorica for providing me with this wonderful camcorder to shoot all these videos and pics in HD.

I know also there were many other people who helped with medicine, money, shoes, stickers and other items you are all special people and I am for ever grateful to you! I want to thank the International Cultures of Spartanburg for stepping in and most of all Mr. and Mrs. Smoorenburg of Fondation coeur pour Haiti for sheltering and feeding me throughout the whole trip.

Special thanks to these families: Copeland, Moore, Slimane, Lutton, Robinson, Dean, Robertson etc...

I hope I did not make any enemies by not mentioning names and I know you will be there again to help and I do thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

This trip was a good and very sad one! In the next posts you will sorry stories of people who have spent more than a day under the rubble and people who have experienced the earthquake and have seen buildings collapsed in front of them and even an amputee.Hopefully I will learn how to add caption to be able to translate all of them in English!

Haitians people need your help more than ever and please do not stop helping! International media might not be around but the saga remains, hunger remains, homelessness is still real and rainy as well as hurricane seasons are around the corner. Please pray and if you can help with tent do so! There is an urgent need for tents!

Have you counted your blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please make sure you select the drop down list that reads comment as to choose your profile or select anonymous! Otherwise your comment will not show.

Thanks for your time!

How warm is it?

Warm temperature, ranging year-round from 70-93° F in the coastal regions, and 50-75 in the mountainous areas; rainy seasons are April-May and August-October.

Enjoy the music!


You might be going through some tough time and you feel like you can not take it anymore. Remember there is a friend who cares and his name is Jesus. He says cast all your care upon him for he caress for you. He will give you rest! The road might be treacherous, nevertheless, don't ever give up!

It is time...

Time does not stand still. So, Make the best use of it!