Saturday, July 3, 2010

In their own words: Testimony of an eathquake survivor

Me: What is your name?

JSR: I am Junior Saint Rose

Me: Tell me a little bit about what happened?

J.S.R: It was January the twelve and I left my house to go to tutor some kids and since I finished with my duty I was getting ready to head back home then I heard a noise. First I thought the house was not well structured cause a part of it fail. I was on the second floor and I did not have time to make it to the stairs when the main support beam of the house fell on me with everything else. I thought I was dead since everything fell on me! The only reason I am alive today is because people from the house where I was tutoring the kids knew I did not make it and they came with some other people with hammer and stuff to extract me out.

Me: How did they know you where alive?
J.S.R: I didn't know cause I was under the rubble.

Me: Could you hear any sound?
J.S.R: No, I could not a thing and since the beam hit my arm very hard, I could not move either I stayed in one spot. I thought I was dead!

Me: Were there any people on the first floor?
J.S.R: Yes, they all had time to make it out ok. They could not come upstairs to where I was because it was all destroyed!

Me: How many people were there with you?
J.S.R: One the kids I was tutoring had a broken leg, he was running and fell and they could not do anything for me since the house collapsed on me.

Me: How long do you think you stayed under the rubble?
J.S.R: I spent the whole night! I could not hear a thing and even when they came to my rescue, I still could not hear a thing.

Me: What were you thinking while you were under the rumble?
J.S.R: Well, I was thinking about my life since I knew for sure there was no hope. I was praying God and at the same time, crying for help but no one came immediately!

Me: What kind of psychological impact does this have on you?
J.S.R: I still feel the earth trembling even when others around me do not and I am still afraid that it will happen again. I am afraid of getting under a concrete house.

Me: Thanks so very much for your time!
J.S.R: Thank you!

This exclusive interview was done on February 17, 2010. 

I had a second on camera interview with Junior and here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please make sure you select the drop down list that reads comment as to choose your profile or select anonymous! Otherwise your comment will not show.

Thanks for your time!

How warm is it?

Warm temperature, ranging year-round from 70-93° F in the coastal regions, and 50-75 in the mountainous areas; rainy seasons are April-May and August-October.

Enjoy the music!


You might be going through some tough time and you feel like you can not take it anymore. Remember there is a friend who cares and his name is Jesus. He says cast all your care upon him for he caress for you. He will give you rest! The road might be treacherous, nevertheless, don't ever give up!

It is time...

Time does not stand still. So, Make the best use of it!